Thursday, July 24, 2008

Happy July!

So here I am. My latest (and probably best performed) show is closing this weekend. I have had to make the incredibly difficult decision to turn down 3 different roles in other shows by directors I truly respect. The thing is, I am needing a break. But I love the acting so much…it is a very sucky position to be in. I really would love to do Odd Couple with my friend Gregory; I think it would be incredibly entertaining. Now to find someone to accommodate us!
Luckily, I am not stopping theater ‘cold turkey’. Big Idea Theater is asking me to help with technical/sound design. That isn’t too terribly difficult. Because that is another one of my deep rooted passions. I love production and editing and such.

Hmmm, what else. As usual, I have been missing home a lot. I had a great talk with my dad on my birthday (shame on all of you for not getting me ITunes Gift Certificates! Except Snow White because she got me a bottle of Gentleman Jack Bourbon!). We talked just about everything and nothing. Sharing music and swapping musical tastes with Dad is something I always love to do. He is mellowing out more lately so he is listening to more and more country lately. But that’s ok, because I actually have been liking some of the more recent country stuff out there.

Not sure if I mentioned it, but I have finally found a place that sells Arizona Arnold Palmer Tea/Lemonade; Sam’s Club! I would buy a pallet of the stuff if I had a place to store it! It is just so damn good and I didn’t even used to like tea!

And lastly, I am going to try to get new episodes of my podcast, Backstage Sacramento, going VERY soon! I created Backstage when I realized there were no podcasts that were geared specifically to the Sacramento Theater Community. There are 2 very short episodes out there on ITunes (link to come later) that are searchable I believe.

Much love to all; as always, I love that you guys/gals drop by to share my little peek at the world……

~Maxxin’ and Relaxin’ ~
W

No comments: