Tuesday, March 06, 2012

There was an electrified bit of irony as I pulled into the parking lot at Big Idea Theatre and ‘Feels Like The First Time’ by Foreigner came on the radio. It was feeling like the first time. I finished my last show around November of 2011. It was a welcome end. I had been doing shows solid since May or June or so. The break was definitely needed. I needed to reboot my system. It was a great run of shows and I made some great friendships and rebuilt old ones ‘…it feels like the first time…’ I took out the script and began looking and breathing in my lines. I had read it countless times before. With each reading, the wave of reactions always felt fresh. There was a sense of calm before the storm when reading the lines ‘…I have waited a lifetime, spent my time so foolishly …’ The sense of opening the door on a character like Ansel…allowing him to come to life and interact with the others, feels like everything I have done to this point was in preparation for this one character. It is sure to be a wild ride... W

No comments: