Sunday, June 12, 2011

A Chapter is Closing...Another Opening

Tomorrow finds the closing of a chapter in the book of my life; the show I'm in, Dearly Departed at Chautaqua will come to a close. It was an interesting run. It all started when I found myself unemployed and needing to get out of the house from going stir crazy. I auditioned and I felt good about how I read the part of Ray Bud -- the eldest son of the family patriarch who passes away. When talking to the director about a week later, he all but said that there was nobody he could pair me up with and thus I was pretty dejected. About 3-4 days later he texts me and says in so many words that if I am still interested he would like to offer me the role.

And now the stage has been struck...the audience gone.......

The new chapter begins.....

No comments: