Friday, July 01, 2011

4th of July Weekend!

ahh...what a great time of the year! I remember July 4th's of the past living by the lake in Yankton, South Dakota.

Where I lived, REAL fireworks were legal....you know, the ones that go BOOM!!
You haven't truely lived till you had a little firecracker explode in your hand...(yes I am being sarcastic)
Throwing bottle rockets is another activity that takes a true skill. you have to wait till that fuse just BARELY is within the entry of the fuselage then you gotta rip that thing into the air and hope the trajectory is going AWAY from you (preferably UP)....

It also reminds me of the yearly event 'The White Whale' party and extravaganza at the lake...I can remember 100's if not 1000's of people trekking down to the lake straight from where we lived. It was a dirt and grass road that was very heavily travelled...there was incredible amounts of alcohol as well as watermelons infused with booze......and I can also remember the beautiful members of the opposite sex....(p.s. it was called White Whale because of the tendency for some to get in the water, take off their swimming bottoms

it was a great few summers back then.....It was always an adventure to ride my bike down to the campground to see if there were any new girls to potentially have fun with.....sure it was just a short time thing, but there were a few that were definitely memorable and helped shape the kind of well-adjusted, worldly guy I turned into today!

No comments: