Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Sake To Me

I told Drunk Drama Queen that I was just going to put up a picture and give the punch line....but the story is ENTIRELY too funny not to tell:

It was DDQ's surprise birthday party. Now, my dear reader, as you may or may not know, your hero is not a big fan of Japanese food. However, since it is her favorite, I went thinking I should be able to find SOMETHING I could possibly stomach. Zen Toro in downtown Sacramento.....I highly reccomend it!

We make our way to the resturant, and the waitress, Megan, says the most beautiful words in the English Language: "Can I get you a cocktail, Mr Lucas?" (ok ok, so she didn't say Mr Lucas....but I was feeling very retro just now).... I perk up and say "why, yes you can Megan!" As I begin to go through my mental rolodex of tasty beverage concoctions, I see across the way, a couple drinking out of what seems to be a pine wood box. I exclaim with a childish curiousity "What is THAT!?" Megan says "Sho Chiku Bai Sake, Mr Lucas" (I'm on a roll, just flow with Me won't you). I say, "well bring Me a bottle! I want to drink out of that box too!!"


So Megan proceeds to pour yours truely a box of sake......and boys and girls, kats and kittens, rockers and ALL the mutha truckin rolla's.......this is the SHIZNET!!....I could not believe how good this was.....

Now...as in most resturants, the wait staff wear a uniform of sorts.....and by about my 3.5 helping of sake, I am in RARE form....I think I made some reference to her mom gettin jiggy with it or something to that effect.....whence, from the corner of My eye....I a uniform....."MEGAN!!" I cry out......and to my shigrin (how cool of a word is shigrin anyway?!) a strapping young MALE lad appraoches [insert the screaching tire brakes sound effect please]. Now....read My words very carefully on this next chunk o' fun:

"HEY! You're not Megan! You know how I KNOW you're not Megan....Cuz I'm drinkin SAKE"

Thankfully, I was not asked to leave the resturant.....so....here's to you My fellow co-horts in cocktail consumption........CHEERS

2 comments:

Drunk Drama Queen said...

I don't know why.. but I re-live that moment and it still cracks me up.. over and over.. 'Cause I'm drinkin' SAKI....HA! (snort)

Anonymous said...

just thought you might like to know "shigrin" is not a word. The word is "chagrin" just FYI