Sunday, April 01, 2007

Odd things that happen to good people.....

Let me paint the picture for you;

Sunday afternoon, around 1 pm.....I get a hankerin' to make a run for the border (Taco Bell for my Midwestern readers). So I pull up and order my (as of late) usual Zesty Nachos and a Beef Combo Burrito with sour cream.....$4.22. It's been that for the last 2-3 months......

As I pull up to the window and hand the senorita my nice new crisp $10 bill, the girl says, "Nope". [insert confused head tilt]...."Excuse me por favor?" The lady in the car in front of you has taken care of is. The dumbfouded look on my face clearly must have pointed out my confusion ."Your name is Wade, right?" Deer in the headlights. My eyes widen. "umm....ya...." "Yes, the woman in the car paid for your order"

I asked who she was. "She was nice, had an accent..." My mental Rolodex starts reeling and for the life of me, I can't figure out who it could be.

With as many times as I get into my fits of rage because of stupid drivers or when walking through the mall and out of nowhere, people will just stop in mid stride; a moment like this comes around and you just get befuddled. I am sure the feeling will be fleeting as I have to drive to work again and will hate most of mankind as we know them.....but for now......I like people.....my faith in people having a good heart has gone up....now if you will excuse me, it is time for me to chow down.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Weird dude. I have of late had a string of faith-in-humanity-inducing experiences. I wanted to use my Petro points the other day for a free car wash and I didn't have nearly enough points but the cute little dude gave me a free car wash anyway. Later that night my sister and I ordered some pizza and I ended up having a lovely interaction with the pizza dude who just randomly decided to give me free cinnastix. And yesterday when I bought a cd the dude gave me a free disc and a coupon for free nachos, and when I told him that free was my favorite kind of no charge he laughed his ass off and gave me a few other free things! Wait a minute. Maybe I just look like I really need charity. I should pull myself together.