Tuesday, July 24, 2007

It does behoove me, dear reader, about the oddity that is today’s ‘normal’ human being. Driving aside (which is a whole other topic for a more bitter, hate-filled post) just they way they think (or lack of) makes me stop in my tracks. Two examples:

Last night, the Mrs. and I go to our local, friendly SaveUMoreOrLess grocery outlet type thing. As we are walking, CLEARLY on the right most side of the aisle, a woman, who has the scowl of one very wronged woman, is walking, straight at us as we are pushing our cart. Mind you, there is nobody on our left, her right. I begin to slow down trying to assess where I should go. Finally, she moves to her right but not without making sure I notice her “The-nerve-of-you-to-make-me-move-from-my-line-of-site” glare.

This gives me cause to stop myself. Mrs. Lucas says “what are you doing, we need to go that way”. I said to her that isn’t it just in the normal walk of life (no pun intended) to walk on the right? We are taught from the time we are mere grade school kids, to walk on the right. We drive on the right. I just shake my head in bewilderment and proceed to get my food items.

This second one, is actually more funny than a vent. I was going into the break room where an older woman (60+?) and a younger woman (late 20’s?) were talking about what they use in their toilet bowl as far as cleaner? One uses the blue tablet that makes the swirl-y blue water. The other doesn’t because she has dogs (maybe DON’T let them drink from the toilet!?). This toilet bowl gate discussion went on for like 10 minutes (yes, I started to browse the paper, but was really wanting to hear how long this would go). I walked out and chuckled.

People are just ….. well………. They are…………….*shrugs*……well they are something………what say you?


No comments: