Thursday, August 30, 2007

I Have A Little OCD Going On



I know this may seen odd, and I promise to post a whole entry about this, but my OCD has many different facets. Smells being one. I am very weird about smells and I love having good smells around me. I have, at just a quick mental count, a combination of 7-8 different body sprays and colognes and scented oil. Something about smells can bring you back to a familiar time and place. Now this may not be unique to just me, it does make me make mental note every time it happens.



Like just now on the elevator.



I am on my way to court as I step on the elevator. Before the doors even have a chance to close behind me I am taken back to a time about 12-15 years ago (egads that hurt just to write) when I was managing the Cockatoo Gentleman’s Club in Yankton South Dakota. To some, it may have made them wrinkle their nose and maybe even make a comment; but to me it was a smell of a very wild time in my life;



The multi-layering of women’s cologne.



Now I know my good friend Drew will totally and undeniably understand where I am coming from on this. You get your first little whiff as you enter the club. I gentle menagerie of subtle fragrances and sprays; a little White Diamonds here, some Beautiful there, and a dab of Vanilla which I think is somehow mandatory for at least one woman to cake on like its frosting. But once you enter the sanctuary that is *wait for it………..* the dressing room, this is when the full effect of lotions and sprays and oils and such seep into you. For you ladies, it’s the smell you smell on your man when he comes home and says he was “out with the guys” for a few beers. It inevitably can bring on that little “dirty” side in someone.



Also, here is today’s picture…..this was taken from almost the furthest point away…..then you have to walk all the way and my suite is on the 3rd floor.


Yeah; don’t even get me started….



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vanilla is NOT a good smell (imo) AND your walk is no longer than my walk...

Anonymous said...

if you like vanilla, you'll love me in Princess by Vera Wang. So very much me in every sense of the name and fragrance!!

~ Em Knaps